Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Innocence

Gunshots, bloodshed, tear stained faces,
Scars and sirens, No safe places
Every move is death, they await your arrival
I wait for them to leave with bated breath,
No sound, no food, I'm deprived of freedom,
Is this how it's supposed to be, God's kingdom?

My teacher says, home's the safest place on earth,
But daddy was killed here by the fireplace
Not before they called him 'dirt'
They took Ma away that day and what happened to her
No one will say
"You're too young Farah jan, tis not for your ears",
The 'rich' kids laugh at me, I can hear their jeers,

Now khala walks me to school and back,
The school bulding is holding up even after the bomb made a big crack,
Not many girls attend now, their parents won't let them come
They're afraid their daughter may be shot by a gun

For now it's war, but one day it will stop and home will be safe again,
Teacher says,"Hope: never give up"
Ma and daddy will come back someday
I will pray very hard, say all the words right, everyday
I'll pray for peace and to bring my parents back,

Hopefully next week on my fifth birthday

No comments: